Sunday, February 6, 2011

I Win + Rhymin'

So last Thursday when Stevo was fast asleep,
A little bit I did creep.
Because he sat up real quick,
I wanted to see if he was sick.
I then quickly realized that he was not,
but was still sound asleep on his little cot.
So I decided to have fun as I always do,
and began to talk to him to see if he would talk too.
No vocal response did I e'er recieve,
but I had a break through on that eve;
"Open!" I proclaimed,
and I saw his eyes shoot open as if they were tamed.
I then shouted for them to immediately close,
they obeyed. Was it magic or what not, who knows?
This went on for a while, "Open, Close, Open, Close!"
but all fun has to end and he went into a deeper doze.
If you are a doubter that does suppose
that this is a poem made purely for prose,
Then ask my dear friend Joel down the hall
 whom I told after this all did befall.
He will vouch for me and he also gave me a thought
to next time record it on my cell phone I just bought.
With that I'll leave you til the next time,
I might just brighten this blog with another rhyme.

-an original poem by Danny Myers

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear Danny, a friend to my son,
    methinks you have found your one
    calling, not only or even just fun.

    So continue to compose rhyme
    On your academic time, and the Department of
    English will surely be seeking your mind.

    And if this poem seems a bit short
    Chalk it up to my need to be in court,
    As the life of a poet
    Cannot my family support.

    In gratitude,

    Steve West

    ReplyDelete